Photographic Society of Chattanooga (PSC)
- Name of Club: Photographic Society of Chattanooga
- City where Club Meets: Chattanooga
- Meeting Location: 3921 Murray Hills Dr.
- Details of Meeting Location: St. John United Methodist Church, either in the gymnasium or sanctuary
- Meeting Times: 3rd Thursday
- Meeting Time: 6:00 p.m. Boot Camp / 7:00 pm for Speaker Presentation
- Club Website: www.chattanoogaphoto.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chattanoogaphoto/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChattanoogaFoto
- Phone Number: (423) 344.5643
- Mailing Address: PSC, PO Box 8886, Chattanooga, TN 37414
- Club Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3CT Representative: Milton McLain
- 3CT Membership Current through 2018
General Club Information:
PSC started in 1952, is a 501(c)3 organization and it has membership in the Photographic Society of America, the Camera Club Council of Tennessee, the North Georgia Camera Club Council, and Arts Build Chattanooga.
Boot Camp - a program for beginning photographers or for those new to digital - begins at 6:00 PM on meeting nights. A different speaker/photographer is invited to make a presentation each month beginning at 7:00 PM.Photography field trips are held each month (sometimes more than once a month) so members may shoot together, learn in the field about their cameras, and get acquainted with one another.
PSC holds quarterly photo contests for its members, and it has an international exhibition, recognized by the Photographic Society of America. In addition, PSC has a print gallery to show and sell quality work to the public.
A Youth Photography Showcase is held each spring to get high school students involved in photography and the winning images are sent to PSA to compete with youth from across the world. The Hunter Art Museum allows them to be displayed there in August - quite an honor for high school students.
Photography seminars are held - usually once a year, but sometimes more - and are presented by world-class photographers.
PSC serves the Chattanooga area through its Community Outreach programs such as photographing for non-profit organizations, presenting programs to assisted living places, etc.
PSC meets at 6:00 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month (deviation may be in September for its annual picnic and December for its Christmas banquet) The meeting schedule is: 6:00 p.m. for Beginners Boot Camp, or other training; 6:30 p.m. for social time; program - usually with an outside photographer/speaker begins at 7 p.m. Visitors are always welcome and may attend two PSC meetings before deciding to join! Membership dues are $30 for an individual; $40 for a family, and $15 for a full-time student.
This Page was last updated: 12.10.2017