Snoopers Rock Sunrise Shoot
SNOOPERS ROCK GPS COORDINATES: 35.101920°N, 85.424121°W
Leader: Dave Reasons, Contact info: Cell: 256-443-1969, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetup location: Walmart parking lot, 501 Signal Mountain Rd, Chattanooga, TN
Cost: No fees associated with this event
MEET UP TIME: 4:15 am and we will roll out at 4:30 am. It will take about hour+/- to get onsite since the road in Prentice Cooper is not paved. And then we must walk down to the overlook.
SUNRISE: 6:39 AM
Meetup Location Instructions and Directions:
Take exit on US-27 marked US 127 North, Signal Mtn. It is a flyover exit ramp that enters Signal Mountain Blvd. going north go approximately ¾ miles and the Walmart will be on your left. I will be parked close to the road and I drive a white Ford Edge.
- Plan on carpooling from the Walmart to Snoopers Rock because there is very limited parking at the location. IF YOU ARE NOT IN A 4-WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRIVE DOWN THE NARROW ROAD TO THE LOWER PARKING LOT, IT IS A JEEP OR 4 WHEEL DRIVE TRAIL ONLY!
- Snoopers Rock is in Prentice Cooper State Forest. The address of the Rangers station is 3998 Game Reserve Rd., Chattanooga, TN, however, Snoopers Rock is further into the area.
- We’ll leave the Walmart parking lot and turn left and go approx. 9/10ths of a mile and take a left onto TN-27 highway. We stay on TN-27 for approx. 8 miles and the turn left onto Choctaw Trail for 2/10ths of a mile. Then you turn left onto Game Reserve Rd. and continue for approx. 6.1 miles. The parking area is on the left. Total time to get there is about 60+/- minutes, 29-1/2 miles. NO RESTROOMS OR WATER is available at site, so plan accordingly.
- Once onsite, we will walk down the jeep trail and then take a short trail to the overlook, so be sure to wear sturdy shoes and watch your footing, the road and trail could be slick from recent rain.
- EXTREME CAUTION: This is an adult only event since there are no safety railings around the overlook and it will be crowed more than likely.
- The view from the overlook is spectacular and you won’t regret making the trek, odds are it won’t be your last visit to Snoopers Rock, it just that great.
- Lens/Filter recommendations: Wide angle, Med. Range (ie. 24-105) and/or telephoto lens, Graduated ND filter or similar recommended. Tripod is a must have.
- After the sunrise shoot you can head back to meetup with another excursion if you want.