Sequatchie Valley Overlook Sunset Shoot
TN-111 OVERLOOK GPS COORDINATES: 35.367022°, -85.331666
Leader: Dave Reasons, Contact info: Cell: 256-443-1969, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetup Location: Academy Sports parking lot at 5929 TN-153, Hixson, TN 37343
Cost: No fees associated with this event
MEET UP TIME: 5:00 pm (EDST) and we will roll out at 5:20 pm (EDST). It will take about 30 minutes to get onsite.
SUNSET: 6:20 PM (EDST) (Note: We will cross over into CDST on the way)
Instructions and directions:
- We will leave Academy Sports and head north on Hwy 153 for 2 miles, then take the entrance on the right to US-27, in 9.4 miles we’ll follow the signs for TN-111 toward Dunlap. We will drive 14.6 miles to the East Valley Rd exit ramp and turn left and then we’ll turn right back onto Hwy 111 and come back up the mountain to the pull off. There is no way to cross over because of the concrete divider. After the sunset shoot you are free to head back downtown for other events, so check your agenda.
- There is ample parking at this overlook, however, there are no restrooms or water, so plan accordingly.
- This area is safe for children with adult supervision. There is a drop off on one side and parking area on the other side of the sidewalk. So, caution is advised!
- Once onsite, you can setup your tripod and everyone will have a great view of the sunset
- The view from this overlook is overwhelming if the sun and clouds cooperate. You will love this location
- Lens/Filter recommendations: Wide angle, Medium range and telephoto lens are good choices. You will need a ND filter for this shoot if things go right. Tripod is a must-have.