Chattanooga Walking Tour of Georgia Avenue Landscape
October 5, 2019 - 12 Noon-2:00 pm
This area is downtown, south of the river.
Leader: Jim Mears, Contact info: Cell: 423-645-5239, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetup Location: 818 Georgia Ave (Patton Parkway) near the “Tomorrow Building”
Cost: Parking only (pay at a meter)
Meet Up Time: 12:00 Noon – 2:00 PM
- Park near the “Tomorrow building” (Patton Parkway) and pay at a meter.
- Look up and you will see the golden top of the Dome Building.
- In Patten Parkway are a USMC memorial and the site of the first Coca Cola bottling facility.
- Continue walking north along Georgia Avenue and you will see the old Methodist church steeple, public art, and some more parking areas.
- Continue walking north along Georgia Ave., and you will see the Hamilton County Courthouse; the Fireman’s Fountain, an 1812 cannon, and the “big eyes” above the Universal Joint Restaurant.
- Continue walking north on Georgia Ave. and veer off to the left onto High Street. High Street will take you all the way to the Hunter Museum (three blocks).
- From the patio area west of the Hunter Museum, you can take landscapes of the North Shore across the river.
- The return to the parking area at Patton Parkway is all downhill. This is an easy walk that is about one mile. There are no public restrooms.